Delving into the world of high end beauty products can be overwhelming. You can feel confused, excited, enchanted, and probably outraged at some of the prices. You’ll likely have a lot of questions at first, like “Why would I need that?” “What the heck is that?” “Will this really make my face matte for 24 hours?” and “FIFTY DOLLARS?!” You’ll probably also have an intense urge to spend all of your money, no seriously, you will want to spend every penny you have, on luxury makeup items. So, to prevent that from happening, I’ve compiled a little list of what I think are necessary high end products, and what you should probably just snag at the drug store.
High End Necessities
- Foundation: Foundation is literally the base of your whole look. It’s like building a house, if the foundation is wrong, not much else is going to be right. Whether you’re going for a natural look or a full fledged Kim K cakeface, you need to make sure your foundation is on point. My favorite is Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation. You can get it here.
- Eyebrow Products: If you don’t fill your brows in, you need to start ASAP. It will change your life. Well, maybe not your life, but it’ll definitely give your look a little something extra. Can you say “eyebrows on fleek”? However, while filling in your brows can make your look, nothing can break your look quite like half an eyebrow being sweated off or getting rubbed off when you change your shirt. It’s mortifying, and that’s why I recommend buying a high end eyebrow product. My favorite is Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. You can check it out here.
- Liquid Eyeliner: This is only necessary is liquid eyeliner is a staple for you, like it is for me. I wear cat eyes every day. I also have oily lids and watery eyes. Without my go-to high end liner, my cat eyes don’t stand a chance. If you live for liquid liner, like I do, or if you’re thinking about trying cat eyes in the near future, I recommend Kat Von D Tattoo Liner or stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner.
Drug Store Steals
- Powder: If you have the right foundation, you only need powder for setting. My favorite is Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher. You can pick it up at any drug store that sells makeup, and you can check it out here.
- Lip Products: There are amazing lipsticks, glosses, and liners at the drugstore. There are hundreds of choices at such reasonable prices you won’t be able to resist. My favorite right now is the Kate Moss Collection by Rimmel London. You can see it here.
- Mascara: There are a million mascara choices, and we all have individual lash needs. Just experiment until you find the one that’s best for you. My go-to is Cover Girl LashBlast Volume mascara.
- White Eyeliner: The Nyx Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk is a must. It’s perfect for applying white eyeliner to your sensitive waterline and inner corners. It can also be used as a highlighter in a pinch. I highly recommend picking one up.