Even though the cat eye has been a classic look for decades, it’s still tricky for tons of women, and can seem nearly impossible at first. This is a step by step guide to make things easier. I wear a cat eye almost every day, and this method is what works best for me. I use Kat Von D Tattoo Liner to accomplish this look. The steps corresponding to the pictures are below.
- Start with a good base. This is a crucial step, and is often overlooked, especially by those new to the world of makeup. I prefer to wear a primer and at least a little eyeshadow under my eye liner. If I don’t wear primer, like this one, my eyeliner will slide right off. Experiment with what works best for you, but always make sure your eyelids are a good base for your cat eye, or it could make the whole process a lot harder.
- Draw a thin line along your upper lash line. Be sure to get the liner in your tight line, too.
- Create a wing. I like to draw my wing from the outer corner of my lid to the top of my lid, angling towards the end of my eyebrow.
- Draw an outline. Draw a line connecting your wing to your lash line. I like to end this line about halfway into my lid.
- Fill it in. Be careful not to mess up the shape you just drew, and make sure you don’t miss any spots!
- Apply mascara. Apply your favorite mascara to your top and bottom lashes to complete the look. If you want to curl your lashes, it’s best to do this before you do your eyeliner to avoid smudges.